Ecocashmere is a yarn made by our partner, a company from Prato (Tuscany, Italy), specialized in the recycling of old knitwear and cashmere fibers. It is a pure cashmere yarn with low environmental impact, made entirely with high quality regenerated cashmere. We only use leftovers of spinning cashmere and old regenerated cashmere knits that would otherwise end up in a waste dump.
This offers many advantages, of which the three main ones are:
1. the quality is the same as the yarns made with cashmere staple, maintaining the softness and quality of the yarn and the garments that are made with it.
2. the price of the yarn is significantly lowered while maintaining its best characteristics, reducing production costs and the use of raw materials.
3. you avoid throwing to waste unused fiber at the expense of environment. Therefore, it preserves the environment by reducing the amount of waste produced.
4. supports local industry and encourages creativity and innovation.
5. The materials have a longer service life.
Around 48 million mt of clothes are disposed annually, with around 75 percent of them are landfilled or incinerated (textile exchange data, 2019).
See video below about selection of rigenerated cashmere fibers.