if you want your pullover to always stay soft and fluffy:
- Submerge it in tepid water with a mild detergent or a baby shampoo. Use really less soap than you think, adding some drops of white vinegar in case of stripes or bright colours.
- Let it sit in the water for 10 minutes at max.
- Don’t rub it and handle it gently.
- Rinse with patience and with a lot of water until the water is perfectly clear.
- Don’t squeeze it, but press it mildly.
- Dry flat without exposing it to direct sunlight
- Dry it at the room temperature, never put it next to a heat source.
- Iron it without pressing, but using a strong steam.
A small suggestion: wash your cashmere often, so that the fibres renew their vigour.
When machine-knitting the garment, it is advisable to work with multiple thread guides.
With cashmere, you should tolerate a 2-4% deviation due to structural or dyeing imperfections.
It is mandatory to do a washing and ironing test on a sample for each lot of yarn, to verify shrinkage values and colours fastness - before proceeding with production (both for knitting machine and handwork).
If yarn is knitted after more than two weeks from delivery, it is advisable to re-wax it, in order to achieve a smooth "run" through the needles and a more homogeneous result.
Whenever yarn is used for STRIPES in contrasting colours, Hircus Filati will disclaim any responsibility if the instruction above are not followed.